/

Arunachal: Chinese PLA abducts teen from Upper Siang

Itanagar: The Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) has allegedly abducted an Arunachalee youth from the Siyungla area of Bishing village in Upper Siang district.

This was on Wednesday informed by Arunachal Pradesh Lok Sabha MP Tapir Gao who alleged that the youth was taken captive by the PLA from Indian Territory on Tuesday.

The abducted youth has been identified as Miram Taron (17), a native of Zido village in Upper Siang district.

Speaking to NewsFy, Gao said the information of the youth being abducted was shared by his friend who escaped from the PLA and reported the same to authorities.

“This youth was taken captive from the Siyungla area of Bishing village when he had gone hunting along with his friend. The abduction took place inside Indian Territory,” he said.  

Bishing is the last Indian village near the Indo-Sino border located along the left bank of Siang River. The village is around 260 kms from Yingkiong, the headquarters of Upper Siang district.

Gao further said that the Union minister of state for home, Upper Subansiri deputy commissioner and other officials concerned have been informed about the matter and efforts are on to bring the youth back.

Gao who represents the Arunachal East constituency in the Lok Sabha earlier took to twitter to share the information.

“Chinese #PLA has abducted Sh Miram Taron, 17 years of Zido vill. yesterday 18th Jan 2022 from inside Indian territory, Lungta Jor area (China built 3-4 kms road inside India in 2018) under Siyungla area (Bishing village) of Upper Siang dist, Arunachal Pradesh,” he said in a tweet.

This is not the first instance of Arunachalee youths being abducted by the Chinese army.

In September 2020, five youths who had reportedly gone hunting were allegedly abducted by the Chinese army from Sera-7 area of Nacho in Upper Subansiri district.

Nacho is the last administrative circle of the district along the McMahon Line.

Following the incident the Indian Army had sent a hotline message to its Chinese counterpart, to which the latter had on September 08, responded and confirmed that the missing youths had been found on their side.

The youths were handed over to the Indian Army a few days later.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.